Awww yeah, so
yesterday I had the pleasure of getting around to my Netflix queue and watching
a movie I’ve been meaning to see for a long time: “Clerks.” This film has all
sorts of hype, and I am happy to report, it deserves it.
1994’s “Clerks.”
Marks the debut feature of filmmaker Kevin Smith (a.k.a. Silent Bob) and it is
a truly unique film. “Clerks.” Stars Brian O’Halloran and Jeff Anderson as the
eponymous clerks of a convenience store and a video rental store respectively.
The plot of this movie is quite simply a day in the life of these foul-mouthed,
dirty minded, minimum wage working young adults as they share with the audience
their takes on society, women, sex, and any and all topics the working class
youth of the 90’s were privy to. As trivial and banal as this plot may sound,
it is awesome.
The shining point
of this film is undoubtedly the script. Rather than make the characters spew
out vulgar and tasteless one liner punch lines, this film is rife with witty
(if rather complex) language that in essence feels more genuine in a young
adult conversation that the hopelessly flat vulgar language seen in movies like
the “Scary Movie” series or anything involving Seth Rogen. To put it simply;
these guys are idiots that talk smart, y’know, like real people.
The rest of the
aspects of the movie can be summed up as “Damn Good” The acting is believable,
the cinematography is sweet, the black and white was a nice touch that representing
the monotony of being a minimum wage slave, and it’s a damn good production for
a budget of only 230,000$
Watching “Clerks.”
I can’t promise an enlightening experience, nor can I promise you’ll sympathize
and feel as if the movie is talking to you specifically if it ends up not being
your type of movie. But personally I laughed hard, I laughed often and I
finished the movie with a great feeling in my heart and a smile on my face.
Highly recommend it.
Hobo-meter score:
4.5/5

No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario